Altered Candle

I have this candle in a jar that just smells wonderful. It's strawberry! It's in a very shallow mason jar type container! I decided to add something to make it a little special!

I started off cutting a  circle of chipboard and glued it to the lid to give a base to attach my embellishments. I used the Suzy West Whirly Pop,  Suzy West Bubble Gum, Metallic Gold Rich Pale, and Opaque Pastel Pink powders and embossed the circle. Then I used an Imagimarium Designs chippie butterfly and used the same colors and embossed it as well. I added some Kaisercraft pearls for the body.

This shows the base.


This shows the butterfly.

 Here is a photo of the finished product. I used some older Prima blooms and took 3 plain buttons and also embossed them with the pink colors of powder!

Here you can see one of the buttons.

This was a really simple project, and you could use any color candle and match your blooms and embossing powder colors! It would be a really cute gift! I have a melon one that I think I'm going to play with next!!!

List of supplies used:
Suzy West Embossing Powders - Whirly Pop and Bubble Gum
WOW regular Embossing Powders - Gold Rich Pale and Opaque Pastel Pink
Imaginarium Designs chippie Butterfly
Kaisercraft pearls
buttons, twine and ribbon
Prima blooms and leaves

Comments