Subtle Tones and Gratitude with Jen Matott


Hi!  Jen Matott here with a simple page that uses a simple technique.  The design here is based on the tags. I wanted to create a soft, romantic feel here.  Lots of lace, doilies, and subtle hues all around.
  I stamped the leaves and hearts from the "Gratitude" set  and the hearts from the same set and embossed with Bright White powder.
 The tags were colored with subtle tones from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pens.   I also colored the lace paper tape with them as well.


I love that I can create a big impact with very subtle tones.  The Bright White powder is one of my favorites especially in resist techniques.  In this case, I created a wash of color with the pens and water.  I literally colored over the embossed areas without fear of it sticking to the embossed areas.  It creates impact without a lot of effort! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Gratitude set
Powers: WOW!  Bright White Regular
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pen in Subtle Tones
Tags
Doily
Labels: Martha Stewart
Papers: Bazzill & Prima
Letters: American Crafts
Paper tape: K& Company
Gesso: Liquitex

Comments