A love for any thing Altered

Hello and welcome back all.  I hope you have all been excited about this months challenge as I have!  The project I am going to share to day had its ups and down,  and lots of learning curves along the way.

WARNING: 
 PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO EMBOSS ON GLASS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT CAN CRACK, SMASH.  IT TRULY IS AWESOME FUN TO DO, BUT PLEASE DO TAKE CARE NOT TO HURT YOURSELF.

Today I am sharing with you an altered window!  I totally love it and i am going to find the perfect spot for it in the family room.  

I have embossed the entire glass panel in this window with WOW bright white embossing powder, I used a mask to bake the pattern and then poured the embossing powder over, tapped off and heated with my heat gun.


Close up of the embossed glass


please be careful when you heat the glass as the temperature of the heat gun will crack it.  I ended up applying a thick layer of multi medium to the back of the glass so it would all stay in place over time.


I made several of the flowers using some yummy graphic 45 papers and used my melting pot to melt some ultra thick copper embossing powder mixed with so back for the branches.



I used a few of the Wow embossing powder moulds to make the roses out of ultra think white embossing powder, these are so much fun to make :-)


I embossed the metal clips with bright white embossing powder to hang my photos


I also stamped, cut and inked all the leaves.


WOW Embossing products used for this project.
WOW Ultra thick bright white
WOW regular bright white
WOW regular Primary Ebony (black)
WOW Ultra thick copper
WOW Melt-it Powder
Medium Rose silicone mould
plus another rose mould that is not up on site


I hope you have enjoyed my share today,  would love to hear what you think, so please do leave me a comment.  Happy Scrappin everyone xox Donna


Comments

  1. this is wonderful - and thanks for the warnings - my glass went okay but I guess i could have been less fortunate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love embossing on glass ...your project looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I don't think I would have thought about using a window.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment