Tricks With Wood

This month's theme is wood. I was stumped to begin with, then I decided to redo a wooden wallet box that my husband had gotten a while back. It was a cute size for trinkets or even invitations so I thought I'd try. I wanted a metal look so I decided to use the Metallic Copper Ultra High powder. It worked just like I wanted! This is the end result!



This is what it looked like before! I added a little wooden butterfly on top as well.

I also added some misting and glossy effects droplets. It's a really rustic and aged look.

I used the Desert Sands Sahara on the wooden butterfly, and added some shimmery ribbon tied in a bow using the same colors.

To finish it up all I did was add a few little blooms. The misting shows really well and it looks like some kind of old metal box! I had to use two layers of the copper embossing, but it covered pretty well! I hope you enjoyed the project and I hope you try embossing on wood!

Patti

Comments

Post a Comment